User Account Control (UAC) is a security infrastructure available in Microsoft Windows Vista Operating System that limits the users’ privileges on application software even for users who have administrator privileges assigned. Applications which have lower privileges need to get approved beforehand or get users’ authorization to higher privileges before it can install or run. This security feature can prevent malware from spreading or infecting the system.
Having to say UAC is useful security feature to enhance the overall security system; on the other hand, it can be an irritating feature. From time to time during the installation of an application, updating of a software, running of a program, etc, this security will prompt you to assign rights or to approve some action. You will probably get frustrated with the repeated notices. Besides, this feature may sometimes give a false sense of security. Since other processes can still access the desktop, it actually raises security concerns. Some users have chosen to turn off the UAC feature in order to get rid of this troublesome process. However, by turning off the UAC feature, users need to compromise their security system to the exposure of risk to malware.
To tackle this dilemma, Symantec has introduced a new Norton UAC Tool. This UAC Tool basically is a replacement for Vista’s UAC. However, this Norton UAC tool operates in slightly different way from how Microsoft chooses to do it. It offers a “Do not ask me again” option on each prompt making it very easy for the user to squelch individual prompts without fully disabling UAC. Besides, the prompts from this tool provide a much clearer view of the ratings for the prompting application.
Users who want to try this security infrastructure can download it via the link here.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Want to share the Apple devices content to SmartTV with AirPlay 2? Here are the SmartTV models support AirPlay 2
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18312 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes
- $1200+ Free Windows Software – SlideMaker Slideshow Video Editor, Video Movie Maker, Movie Maker & Video Editor, GIF Maker, Movie Maker & Video Editor & More
- Tipard iPhone Eraser Genuine License Key Code Giveaway and Free Download
- Any Data Recovery Free Download With Genuine License Key Code