ESET, the developer for ESET NOD32 AntiVirus and Smart Security seems to favor Chinese market, with lots of promotional offers and giveaways of free license serial key code, such as 90-day ESET Smart Security free subscription period license. Luckily, with trick, all ESET lovers from everywhere can take advantage of the free subscription license offer to receive a valid, legitimate and genuine username and password to download setup installer from ESET server, and receive virus signature database update.
The previous 90-day free license with genuine user name and password for ESET NOD32 AntiVirus promotion has expired. Now, in a joint promotion with PPLive NetTV, a China-based free Internet P2PTV client program, ESET China is dishing out longer 6-month or 180-day free subscription period for ESET NOD32 AntiVirus, together with a valid user ID and password.
To get the user ID with password valid for 6 months for ESET NOD32 Anti-Virus, users need to download and install PPLive. Everything is in Simplified Chinese language, but here’s the guide and steps to retrieve the serial key code for NOD32, English version.
- Download and install Simplified Chinese edition of PPLive, or directly download the current version PPLive 1.9.38. The setup installation is in English user interface.
- Run PPLive NetTV as Administrator from desktop shortcut or Start -> All Programs -> PPLive -> PPLive NetTV.
- In the PPLive program interface window, click on Help -> Obtain Free NOD32.
- Click on the link with text in red color as circled in the illustration above.
Note: If you get a warning tip dialog box, you are not launching PPLive in full elevation mode in Windows Vista. Exit PPLive and start PPLive again as administrator.
- An unique activation serial code number specifically generated and tagged with your computer will be displayed on PPLive screen.
Copy and record the activation serial code for ESET NOD32 2.7. Click on the button behind it to copy and paste and serial number to clipboard memory.
- Download a special built of ESET NOD32 v2.7.39 Build 2779 setup installer that able to accept input of activation serial number, activate the anti-virus software and then convert the serial number to standard ESET username and password. Choose any download links below. All files are the same.
- Run the setup for special edition of ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 2.7 for PPLive. The installation is in Chinese language. Here’s a few screenshots to guide through the installation and setup process.
Tick the check box to accept license agreement, and then click Next button.
Enter the activation key for the free NOD32, and then click Next button. Click on the Next button for the next few steps to start installation of ESET NOD32 v2.7.
When installation completed, click on Finish (O) button to exit from setup.
- Run and open NOD32 Control Center user interface. The interface will be in Simplified Chinese language. But don’t worry, once the user name and password is retrieved, this version will be uninstalled.
- Open the Update section as shown in the figure below. The Update section contains a valid genuine username and password for ESET NOD32 AV which works for both version 2.7 and 3.0. However, the password is masked and hidden with asterisks (*********).
- Download (install if necessary) a asterisk password viewer or revealer (Asterisk Key and Password Viewer is tested to work perfectly to reveal the password for NOD32) to grab the actual real value of ESET NOD32 password hidden behind the asterisk.
- Once the password is revealed, record down and save the user ID or name and password. Uninstall ESET NOD32 Simplified Chinese version. See next page for uninstallation procedure.
- Go to official ESET registered or purchased software download page, and then download and install English version of ESET NOD32 3.0 Antivirus for Win XP/2000/Vista (32-bit: eav_nt32_enu.msi or 64-bit: eav_nt64_enu.msi), ESET NOD32 2.7 for Win NT/2000/XP/Vista (32-bit/64-bit: ndntenst.exe) or ESET NOD32 2.7 for Win 95/98/ME (d98enst.exe).
Input the free user name and password received when prompted. The 6-month validity legitimate user ID and password works for both ESET NOD32 AntiVirus version 2.7 and latest 3.0.
- During installation, enter the ESET user name and password with free 6-month subscription when asked for license details. Alternatively, go to “Setup” tab, then click on “Set up Username and Password for update” link to enter user ID and password so that the virus signature database can be updated for free for 180 days.
Uninstall Chinese Version of ESET NOD32 2.7
- Go to Control Panel, and remove the ESET NOD32 AntiVirus.
- When asked whether want to remove and uninstall ESET NOD32, click Yes button.
- Click on the first (top) radio button to uninstall ESET NOD32 AV. Click Next button.
- Click on Uninstall button.
- If prompted with dialog box asking if you want to restart computer immediately when required, click Yes or No.
- After uninstallation is finished, click on Finish (O) button to exit.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Steganos Privacy Suite 19 Free Download With Genuine License Key
- Zemana AntiMalware Premium Free Download For Limited Time
- Microsoft Edge Dev 22.214.171.124 New Updated Now Available for Download
- Bitdefender Total Security 2020 Free Download With Genuine License Series Key
- Norton Security Deluxe Free Download With 3 Months Genuine License Serial Key