Additional features of Firefox 4 include:
- WebM and HD Video support.
- Enhanced privacy protection.
- New JS values for executing heavy, numeric code more efficiently for cleaner graphics and a better browsing experience.
- Multi-touch support for Windows 7.
- 3D the Web support with WebGL.
- Audio API through <video> and <audio> elements in HTML5.
- Retained layers for fast scrolling on complex web pages.
- XPCOM module improvements for better extensions framework and fast startup.
- Support for new CSS3 features like Transitions and Transformations.
- OpenType font.
- More Form features like list attributes and HTML5 validation.
- HTML5 parser with full support for web video, audio, drag & drop, and file handling.
- Web Console web pages analysis tool.
- JetPack SDK to develop add-ons which can be installed without restarting the browser.
- Full hardwareacceleration with Direct2D and Direct3D on Windows, XRender on Linux and OpenGL on Mac.
- Use SVG as images and backgrounds in Firefox.
- Crash protection from crash in the Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime or Microsoft Silverlight plugins.
- HSTS for sites to request Firefox to automatically establish secure connections to their servers (https).
The Firefox 4 final is officially released on March 22nd, 2011. Firefox 4 and all download links is available through firefox.com, or through its many mirrors available, or just use the following direct download links to download setup installer of Firefox 4:
Prior to official release, the final build of Firefox version 4.0 has been published on the Mozilla FTP server, and is available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux (in the name of Firefox Setup 4.0.exe, Firefox 4.0.dmg or firefox-4.0.tar.bz2) for various supported languages.
In fact, the final version of Firefox 4 is exactly the same with Firefox 4 RC2, according to the PGP signature been published for final and RC version. It means that the Firefox 4 RC2 will be released officially as Firefox 4 (if there is no bug or showstopper been found), and by installing Firefox 4 RC2, you have already actually installing the final version of Firefox 4, and not required to upgrade.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18334 Roll Out for Windows Insiders – Here Full Changelog of What Fixes, Changes, and Improvement (Free State of Decay)
- Windows 10 Voice Recorder Keyboard Shortcuts
- Free Elegant Art Nouveau Fonts for Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Want to share the Apple devices content to SmartTV with AirPlay 2? Here are the SmartTV models support AirPlay 2
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18312 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes