Some Toshiba-branded laptops or notebook computers, such as from the ranges of Toshiba Portege (Portégé), Toshiba Satellite and Toshiba Satellite Pro with model number of T110, T115, T130 and T135, may have inaudible audio or sound issue.
The symptom is that the laptop or notebook sound or audio is very low or weak, effectively inaudible and cannot be heard when played from the built-in small speakers. The audio or sound is not audible and remains unacceptably quiet, too low or weak even the sound volume has already been adjusted to the maximum in Windows 7 or Vista operating system.
As the result, many users of Toshiba Portege or Satellite T110/T115/T130/T135 have to connect external speaker or headset in order to listen to music or watching video. The audio problem with the Toshiba ultra-portable laptop or notebook is probably due to under-powered speakers included with the computer, or the less-than-perfect Conexant sound or audio driver, where Conexant Pebble High Definition Smart Audio is the sound audio device.
Although Toshiba support website hasn’t updated the sound audio for Toshiba T1xx series, indeed Toshiba has released a new version of Conexant sound audio driver. The new driver fixes some issue such as audio volume too low.
Conexant Sound Audio Driver Details
Driver Version: 4.98.16. 61
File Size: 164.84 MB
Operating System Updated: Microsoft Windows 7 32-Bit (x86), and Microsoft Windows 7 64-Bit (x64)
Supported Models: Toshiba Satellite Pro T130-EZ1301 and Toshiba Satellite or Portege T115-S1100, T115-S1108, T115-S1105, T135-SP2909R, T115-S1110, T135-SP2909A, T135-S1300RD, T135-SP2909C, T135-S1305, T135-S1312, T135-S1310WH, T135-SP2911R, T135-S1310RD, T135-S1309, T135-S1310, T135-S1307, T135-S1305RD, T135-S1305WH, T135-S1300WH, T135-S1300, T135-SP2910C, T135-SP2910A, T135-SP2910R, T135-SP2911C and T135-SP2911A
To install the new driver, just run the setup installer, and the new driver for Conexant will automatically be updated. To verify that the sound driver has been installed, just go to “Device Manager”, and double click on “Conexant Pebble High Definition Smart Audio” entry under the “Sound, video and game controllers” branch. Inside the “Driver” tab, the driver version will be listed for verification.
The new driver version will make the sound volume to be slightly better and more audible. For user who still encounter audio issue after installing the new sound driver, there is a workaround posted on Toshiba Support forum, which dumps Conexant audio driver and reverts to default Windows audio driver, which seems to be able to resolve the soft audio problem.
- Go to Control Panel -> Programs & Features.
- Uninstall Conexant HD Audio Driver program.
- Restart the computer.
Note: On initial startup, there won’t be any sound support.
- Windows will detect Conexant sound card without a valid audio driver, and will install the standard Windows HD audio driver. Once the built-in default Windows sound driver, a louder and crystal clear sound can be played.
Trick: For user who follows workaround above, DO NOT attempt to reinstall Conexand HD audio driver, and will be cause the sound to be soft, weak and low volume again.
Tip: For user who chit chat online via Skype, the microphone volume level will become very quiet after using the default Windows driver. To fix the microphone volume issue, go to “Control Panel” -> “Sound” -> “Playback”, and turn the “Microphone Boost” slider to bigger number of up to 50% or more.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18234 Released to Insider in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17755 What’s New, Fixed and Known issues for PCs
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17751 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17744 Official ISO Images Download Link
- Watchdog PC Cleaner 2018 Free Download With Genuine License Serial Keycode