When attempting to hibernate the computer on a Windows 7 system or let computer enters hibernation mode, the operating system may stop halt with a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) the following error message as technical information:
STOP 0×000000A0 INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (0×0000000B, 0xXXXXXXXX, 0xXXXXXXXX, 0xXXXXXXXX
The problem occurs because the size of the hibernation file (hiberfil.sys) size is not large or big enough to save and store current contents loading in the system RAM or memory. Windows 7, and other Windows operating system, requires equal size of hiberfil.sys hibernation cache file with system RAM memory size in order to work properly.
Thus, in order to fix and solve the above issue, just set a bigger size of hiberfile with the following steps:
- Open a command prompt window with elevated administrator privileges.
- Type the following command and press ENTER:
powercfg /hibernate /size 100
Above command will set the new hiberfil.sys hibernation file to a size which is the same with 100% of total system memory available.
- Exit the command prompt, and attempt to hibernate again.
Users who do not use hibernation feature, or just want to use Sleep mode (differences between sleep and hibernate mode) can easily disable and turn off hibernate feature, which also has the advantage removing hiberfil.sys hiberfile that takes up big storage space.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links