When waking up or coming out of hibernation in Windows 7, the following error message may appear:
“Your system’s firmware did not preserve the system memory map across the hibernation transition. If you proceed with resume, your system could behave in an unexpected manner after resume completes. It is recommended that you save all your data and reboot after system resume finishes. Kindly check for a firmware update with your system vender as it may fix this problem.”
Despite the error message, Windows 7 still manage to continue resuming from hibernate mode to normal computing mode. Windows 7 operating may still working fine after re-starting up and resume from hibernation, but the error message can be an annoyance on every resume from hibernation mode.
The problem may be caused by incompatible, incorrect or changed drivers to components related to BIOS, ACPI or power management. In order to fix the issue, try the following solution, which provided by HP to resolve problems with the battery’s power management software:
- Click Start and type device in the search field, then select Device Manager under Control Panel item.
- In the Device Manager, expand the Batteries category.
- Under the Batteries category, right-click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall from the right click menu.
WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.
- Click on Action menu and then Scan for hardware changes in the pull down menu. Alternative, click on Scan for hardware changes button in the taskbar.
- Windows will re-detect the removed hardware component, and re-added it with the appropriate driver to fix the error.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links