One of the most annoying experience when using Windows operating system is unable or cannot delete or remove files and folders that supposed able to delete. When a file is in used or accessed by running program, or a folder that contains file that been accessed, opened, written or used by other user or program, Windows will fail to delete or remove the file or folder with one of the following error messages.
Error Deleting File or Folder
Cannot delete the file. It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again.
File In Use or Folder In Use
The operation can’t be completed because the file/folder is open in another program.
Close the file/folder and try again.
Cannot delete file: Access is denied.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
The source or destination file may be in use.
As mentioned in the error dialog box, the root cause of the problem of unable to delete files and folders is because another program, application or user is accessing, opening or using the file, or folder, or file that located inside the folder to be removed. When the file or folder is in used, Windows will lock the file and folder, and block and terminate any other access attempt to the file or folder to prevent any inconsistency of files.
However, in some cases, the problem when encountering such situation is that Windows does not provide a way to trace or check what is the process that is using the file or folder. Sometimes, even if the program suspected to be locking the file or folder have been closed, exited or terminated, Windows still do not unlock release the file or folder for deletion. Beside, there is also possibility that files infected by virus, Trojan, worm and other malware is impossible to delete.
Other than using Unlocker, Malwarebytes also develops FileASSASSIN which can be used to force delete a locked file or folder which otherwise cannot be deleted.
FileASSASSIN is an application that can delete and remove any type of locked files that are on your computer. FileASSASSIN uses advanced programming techniques to trace and unload modules, close remote handles, and terminate processes to remove the particular locked file.
To use FileASSASSIN, download and install (except portable version) FileASSASSIN using direct download links below. Then, run FileASSASSIN and select a file by dragging it onto the text area or select it using the (…) button. Next, select a removal method from the list. Finally, click Execute and the removal process will commence.
Download FileASSASSIN (English) from Malwarebytes.org (163.12 KB)
Download FileASSASSIN (Spanish) from Malwarebytes.org (163.45 KB)
Download FileASSASSIN (Portable Version) from Malwarebytes.org (79.79 KB)
Current version of FileASSASSIN is version 1.6, and the app supports Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Build 18351 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- DriverMax Free Download With 1-year Genuine License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Build 18342.8 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s New, Fixed and Improvement, and Known Issues
- How To Download Videos in TikTok – Step-By-Step Guide
- Facebook Messenger Dark Mode – How To Enable Facebook Messenger Dark Mode