On some websites that emphasis security, the web pages will explicit request web browser to remove the offer and disable ability to save or remember the password to auto fill in the user name and password credentials on next visit. Such sites including many banks online banking services, Yahoo! (i.e. Yahoo! Mail), Windows Live ID (i.e. MSN Hotmail), PayPal and etc.
Normally, the request for web browser especially Mozilla Firefox so that it does not offer to remember password (and not saving any user ID and password) when user submit the login form or sign in page, and hence does not autofill on next visit is made by using autocomplete=”off” parameter.
Remember Password bookmarklet hacks and makes the Firefox browser ignores web site requests of not remember passwords temporarily, allowing users to save passwords (and hence the Firefox can auto-fill username and password the next time the same log in page is opened), even on sites that use autocomplete=”off” command.
Firefox browser will then offer to remember the password (as if default behavior when the website doesn’t set auto complete to off) when user submits the form. Click “Yes” to remember and store the password. Once the browser has saved the password (and user name) for the website, the status of auto completion or auto fill is ignored, and the bookmarklet is not required anymore.
After applying the Save Password Bookmarklet, Firefox will prompt to save password on websites which previously do not allowed to saved password and don’t let Password Manager automatically fill in and complete the user name and password fields.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links