Nvidia has released its new driver for the 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows Vista, ForceWare 158.24. The ForceWare 158.24 is a WHQL driver that supports the GeForce 6, 7 and 8 series. It is an improved version of ForceWare 158.18 that was released in the mid April.
ForceWare 158.24 highlights the following: –
• WHQL Certified driver.
• This driver fixes a problem when trying to enable NVIDIA SLI using the international versions of Windows Vista
• Increased performance in 3D applications.
• PureVideo?HD support.
• Add support for forcing Vertical Sync in DirectX applications.
• Updated NVIDIA Control Panel with improved user interface (Please see the Release Notes for more details).
• Numerous game and application compatibility fixes
• This driver supports the following 3D features:
o Single GPU support
– DirectX 9 support for GeForce 6/7/8 series GPUs
– DirectX 10 support for GeForce 8 series GPUs
– OpenGL support for GeForce 6/7/8 series GPUs
o NVIDIA SLI support
– DirectX 9 support for 6/7/8 series GPUs
– OpenGL support for 6/7/8 series GPUs
• DirectX 10 NVIDIA SLI support for GeForce 8 series GPUs is available in v158.43 Beta drivers.