HandBrake is a popular video format converting and DVD ripping software application that can convert MPEG video (including DVD-Video disc or any DVD image) into a MPEG-4 video file in .mp4, .avi, .ogm, or .mkv containers. Best of all,, HandBrake is a open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded and easy to use freeware. The video transcoder is available for Mac OS X, Linux and Windows.
HandBrake has been upgraded to version 0.9.3. HandBrake v0.9.3 features the following improvements and enhancements:
- Universal input – accept DVD any type of videothat can be decoded with libavcodec and libavformat from the FFmpeg project as a source.
- Linux GTK GUI.
- Improved video quality with new H.264 encoding library of x264 project. Picture quality has enhanced dramatically through the use of psychovisual rate distortion and adaptive quantization, and there have been significant speed optimizations.
- Audio flexibility – HandBrake now offers total control over multiple audio tracks.
- No more internal DVD decryption but HandBrake can dynamically load VLC’s copy of libdvdcss to decrypt DVD.
- Persistent queues.
- Better organized presets “nested” in folders with a new Apple “Universal” preset, designed to play and look good doing so on anything from an iPod Nano to an AppleTV.
- Audio-video synchronization to keep lip-synch.
- Decomb filter in the style of AviSynth’s. It is a deinterlacer that can be left on all the time without degrading picture quality, because it only deinterlaces video when it visibly needs to be.
- Multi-threaded deinterlacing with the “Slow” and “Slower” filters, as well as the new decomb filter, will now take advantage of as many processors as possible.
- Passes through the same exact video framerate of the source instead of smoothing to a constant rate, which could lead to frames being duplicated or dropped.
- Theora video encoding.
- Updated libraries include x264,libsamplerate, libogg, xvidcore, libmpeg2, lame, faac, and ffmpeg’s libavcodec, libavformat, and libswscale.
- Massive improvements to all interfaces.
Users who want to rip and decode DVD or encode video clip to MPEG4 format can download and use HandBrake 0.9.3 for free from handbrake.fr, or click on the direct download links to the GUI version of HandBrake below.
OS X 10.5
GTK GUI (Ubuntu 8.10 x86 Binaries): HandBrake-0.9.3-Ubuntu_GUI_i386.deb
GTK GUI (Ubuntu 8.10 64bit Binaries): HandBrake-0.9.3-Ubuntu_GUI_amd64.deb
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18334 Roll Out for Windows Insiders – Here Full Changelog of What Fixes, Changes, and Improvement (Free State of Decay)
- Windows 10 Voice Recorder Keyboard Shortcuts
- Free Elegant Art Nouveau Fonts for Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Want to share the Apple devices content to SmartTV with AirPlay 2? Here are the SmartTV models support AirPlay 2
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18312 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes