FUJIFILM North America Corporation has announced the launch of its new high-end Fujifilm FinePix HS10 D-SLR-styled digital camera, which the company claims as the world’s first compact camera that features powerful Fujinon 30x optical zoom and high-speed 10.3 megapixel BSI (Back Side Illuminated) CMOS image sensor, combining the versatility and performance of D-SLR system in a single compact camera.
Key Features of Fujifilm FinePix HS10:
- 3.0-inch (230,000 dots) tilting color LCD screen and Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) with Eye Sensor
- New BSI CMOS technology delivers superior image quality, improved low light sensitivity and faster performance
- Fujinon 30x manual wide-telephoto zoom lens with sophisticated photographic controls and advanced functionality
- Triple Image Stabilization combines mechanically stabilized CMOS-shift with high ISO sensitivities and advanced multi-frame digital stabilization aiming for total anti-blur protection
- Full HD 1080p movie recording mode with stereo sound
- Continuous 7-frame (10MP) shooting mode at 10fps
- Quick and easy setup of command buttons for your shooting needs in responsive environment
“Utilizing Back Side Illuminated CMOS sensor technology capture married to class-leading Fujinon optical design, the FinePix HS10’s unique mix of advanced technologies brings several new features designed to make achieving professional-looking pictures easier than ever to the FinePix range,” commented David Troy, marketing manager, Consumer Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM North America Corporation. “And all the while maintaining Fujifilm’s legendary image quality and low-light shooting performance.”
Fujifilm FinePix HS10 which measures 5.1 (W) x 3.6 (H) x 5.0 (D) inches and weights 22.4 ounces is slated to be available by April 2010 for approximately $500.