The worldwide leader in satellite navigation, Garmin International Inc. has announced the launch of its new sleek, premium automotive personal navigation device (PND), named as Garmin nuvi 1490T. The advanced navigator which sports a large 5-inch touchscreen display and ultra-sleek body that’s 25% slimmer than most nuvi navigators. It also features subscription-free lifetime traffic alerts, ecoRoute, multiple-point routing, enhanced pedestrian navigation options and lane assist with junction view, aiming to provide accurate navigation experience.
“The nuvi 1490T is designed to give drivers a big picture of the route ahead, while offering every-day conveniences customers want and need to take the worry out of traveling,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin’s vice president of worldwide sales. “With its enhanced pedestrian navigation capabilities and ultra-thin design, it’s also a perfect companion for travelers in unfamiliar territory who want to explore the city on foot or with public transportation.”
Impressive Features Of Garmin Nuvi 1490T:
- Large and bright 5″ touchscreen display with 480 x 272 pixels resolution
- Free, lifetime traffic alerts from NAVTEQ Traffic, thanks to its integrated FM traffic receiver
- Lane assist with junction view guides users to the correct lane for an approaching turn or exit
- Bluetooth wireless technology with built-in microphone and speaker enabling users to make hands-free calls
- ecoRoute calculates the most fuel-efficient route, tracks fuel usage and more
- Multiple-point routing ensures the most efficient and convenient route between multiple stops
- Enhanced pedestrian navigation capability with optional CityXplorer maps ranging from $9.99 to $14.99
The new ultra-thin Garmin nuvi 1490T automotive GPS device which measures 13.7 x 8.6 x 1.6 cm and weights at 7.8 ounces is scheduled to hit the market in July 2009 for about $500.