The worldwide leading provider of satellite navigation solution, Garmin International Inc. has announced its new rugged waterproof, affordable and compact touch-enabled motorcycle navigator, named as Garmin zumo 220, which combines 3.5″ touch screen, text-to-speech guidance, lane assist, Bluetooth headset compatibility, intuitive interface and on-road/off-road travel options in a single GPS device, aiming to enhance your motorcycle navigation experience.
Features And Specifications Of Garmin Zumo 220:
- 3.5-inch QVGA (320 x 240 pixels) antiglare TFT touchscreen display
- Pre-loaded with millions of points of interest (POIs) and City Navigator NT street maps of the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico
- HotFix automatically calculates and stores critical satellite information aiming to quickly calculate a position
- Powerful trip planning tools let users create and customize routes via computer
- microSD memory expansion slot aimed for easy share routes and add storage
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery delivers up to 8 hours battery life
- Dimensions: 10.7 x 8.5 x 2.3 cm ; Weight: 7.6 ounces
“zūmo 220 streamlines the design – and the price –while keeping the most popular motorcycle-specific features at your fingertips,” commented Dan Bartel, vice president for worldwide sales at Garmin. “Compact and waterproof, zūmo 220 makes two-wheel navigation as stress-free as possible for riders on any budget.”
Garmin zumo 220 that comes with an automotive mount and a motorcycle mount is expected to be available in coming March 2010 for a suggested retail price of $599.99.