Google Chrome, a new web browser released by Google recently has attracted more than 2 million of downloads, and this number is still increasing rapidly. In order to maintain the product quality and reliability, Google Chrome team has continuously enhanced the product to make it a world class browser competing against Mozilla’s Firefox and Microsoft’s Internet Explorer. In view of the high demand, the latest beta version of Google Chrome, 0.2.149.30 was released on 17 September to fix several software bugs.
Here are some improvements made as summarized below:
[r1927] – Eliminate https indexing in local history file
In older version of Google Chrome, it has indexed the content of searchable history pages include any sites using SSL security locally, such as online bank transaction and credit card information. This could be risky and create chance for people to steal your privacy data. With this latest version, it doesn’t index https content and any data from secure pages will not be kept in local history. In other word, nobody will able to find data from secure site that you have just visited.
[r1978] – Stop sending data to suggest service
Google Chrome stops sending data to suggest service from preventing user data being exposed if the URL matches the patterns as below:
• starts with http:// or https:// and includes username (example: http://firstname.lastname@example.org)
• starts with http:// or https:// and includes query (example: http://abc.com/?p=745)
• starts with https:// and includes path component (example: https://abc.com/path)
[r1859] – Fix flash video unable to play issue when user moves the slider to fast forward the video clip. Flash will throw an error to Google Chrome that it should stop the existing stream when user moves the slider. However, Google Chrome does not catch and handle this error that causes it to download the video clips multiple times from multiple offsets. The connection will be saturated when user moves the sliders 6 times since it only allows 6 connections per host.
[r1299] – Ensure “contextmenu” events is dispatched after “mouseup”.
[r1692] – Fix 3dvia plugin crashes problem by initializing NPObject pointer to NULL and check for NPERR_NO_ERROR along with the error check.
[r1848], [r1943], [r2003] – The fixes is to make Google Chrome more reliable.
If you are worried about your privacy data has been indexed, please refer to the instruction for clearing the browser’s history. In case you have previous version of Google Chrome installed in your PC, you should get an automatic update within the next few days when the news was announced.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- How To Download HBO Shows On iPhone, iPad Through Apple TV App
- Norton 360 Free Download With License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19025 (20H1) for PC Official Available for Insiders in Fast Ring – Here’s What’s News, Fixes, and Enhancement Changelog
- Kaspersky Total Security 2020 Free Download With License Serial Key
- Steganos Privacy Suite 19 Free Download With Genuine License Key