Google Maps is a web mapping service application and technology from Google, which offers street maps, a route planner for traveling by foot, car or public transport and an urban business locator for numerous countries around the world. In order for Android users to enjoy the new features of Google Maps on their Android devices, Google has released a new version of Google Maps 5.3 for Android operating systems. This release has been improved with several new features, which lets the users to see their Google Location History dashboard, check-in at “Home”, and add their aspects for places when rating them.
New and key features of the Google Maps 5.3 for Android includes:
- Google Location dashboard – See Location History dashboard if the users have enabled Location History for Latitude.
- Check in at “Home” – Lets their friends and family know where they are.
- Add your own aspects (e.g. service, music) – Able to leave feedback on a specific aspect or characteristic of a place such as the food or ambiance.
- Navigation – Free voice-guided GPS navigation system.
- Places with Hotpot – Find, rate, and get recommendations for places.
- Latitude – See friends on the map and check in at places.
The new version of Google Map 5.3 for Android is available for free download at Android Market and works well on devices with Android OS 1.6 and above.