Vodafone UK has announced that the popular Google Nexus One smartphone will be available to Vodafone customers in United Kingdom on April 30, and available for pre-order online at www.vodafone.co.uk/nexusone starting today. Google Nexus One combines latest Google Android 2.1 OS with a basket of advanced technologies to deliver ultra-fast speed for surfing Internet, Google Maps, YouTube and so forth.
Highlights of Google Nexus One:
- 3.7-inch AMOLED WVGA touchscreen display
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 3G QSD8250 chipset
- 5 megapixel autofocus camera with flash and geo tagging
- Google Maps Navigation provides users free sat nav with Street View and voice guidance
- Voice-enabled keyboard
- Google Search and Search by voice to find your location
- Supports Android Market to access thousands of app
- Dynamic noise suppression technology from Audience
According to the mobile operator, “Vodafone UK customers with the Nexus One can use up to 1GB of mobile data as part of their price plan as well as take advantage of unlimited access to Wi-Fi in the home and free, publicly available services throughout the country. Customers using Wi-Fi can also use an additional 1GB of data at premium BT Openzone hotspots throughout the UK.”
The new sleek, stylish Google Nexus One which measures just 11.5mm thin and weights only 130 grams is scheduled to hit Vodafone UK stores on April 30 for free, with a 2-year service contract (minimum £35 per month).