Google Toolbar 6 has added an advanced and useful feature that automatically translates web page in foreign language to selected local language. However, when trying to install Google Toolbar into Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), the following error may be displayed on web page after clicking “Accept and Download” or “Accept and Install”, instead of starting to download Google Toolbar version 6 setup installer.
Page Not Found
The page – www.google.com/toolbar/ie/install.html?ds=yes – does not exist.
Depending on the option selected, the URL not found can also be www.google.com/toolbar/ie/install.html?ds=yes&hp=yes&pr=yes or any other selected parameters, such as toolbar.google.com/T6/intl/en-GB/install.html?ds=yes and sometimes as long as www.google.com/toolbar/T6/intl/en/install.html?utm_campaign=&utm_source=en-et-hc&utm_medium=et&tbbrand=GZEU. The error also happens with Google Toolbar with My Location.
Sometimes, after clicking “Accept and Download”, the page simply refreshes but Google Toolbar download does not start. The IE web browser status bar may also prompt the following web page errors:
Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB5; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; MS-RTC LM 8; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0)
Timestamp: Fri, 18 July 2009 12:58:38 UTC
Message: ‘_gat’ is undefined
Message: ‘_gat’ is undefined
To fix the issue, ensure that google-analytics.com is reachable and not map to 127.0.0.1 (localhost) in hosts file, or blocked by other filtering program such as Privoxy or ads blocking program. Most user won’t resolve the problem with this step though.
- Click the Internet Explorer Tools menu, or press Alt-T on your keyboard.
- Select Internet Options.
- In the Security tab, select Internet zone, and click Custom Level.
- Select the Enable radio button in the Active Scripting category.
- Click OK.
Last but not least, download latest version of Java Runtime Environment from java.com.
If all steps above still doesn’t solve the problem to allow downloading Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer, here’s the direct download link to standalone setup installer of Google Toolbar 6 for IE, which can be manually downloaded and installed.
Google Toolbar T6 Installer x86 (32-bit): GoogleToolbarInstaller_en32_signed.exe
Google Toolbar T6 Installer x64 (64-bit): GoogleToolbarInstaller_en64_signed.exe
Note: You should only download 64-bit Google Toolbar when you’re using Internet Explorer (64-bit).
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Zemana Mobile Antivirus Premium Free License Download
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18277 (19H1) Improve Focus Assist, High DPI Settings
- Steganos Privacy Suite Free Download With Genuine License Series Key Code
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18262 Released To Insiders in the Fast Ring and Skip Ahead
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18267 – What’s New, Improved, Fixed, and Known issues