Besides provide fast searching engine to web users, Google has recently announced a new image format that able to significantly reduce the image size and bytes of photos on the web for make the web sites to load faster than before. Named as WebP or pronounced as “weppy”, the WebP is a method of lossy compression which can be used on photographic images. The WebP file consists of VP8 image data and a container based on RIFF.
The WebP uses predictive coding to encode an image, which is based on the same methodology used by the VP8 video codec to compress keyframes in videos. The degree of compression can be adjustable which allow the users to choose the trade-off between file size and image quality.
The WebP for Linux x86 (64-bit) is available for free download from Google Code which includes lightweight decoder for WebP files (libvpx) and a command line tool (webpconv) for converting images to and from the WebP format.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18234 Released to Insider in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17755 What’s New, Fixed and Known issues for PCs
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17751 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17744 Official ISO Images Download Link
- Watchdog PC Cleaner 2018 Free Download With Genuine License Serial Keycode