You probably come across an interesting phrase or quotation and you want to convert it to other languages to share with friends. Generally you can just go to Google Translate to get the translation work done. However, to simplify the whole copy, paste and translate process, the free Mozilla Firefox browser add-on, gTranslate, lets you get the translation done with only a few clicks.
Powered by Google Translate, gTranslate technically acts as a medium to the instant online language translation service by Google in Firefox to feature more convenience for users in the event they need to do some translation. With this add-on install to the browser, when users need translation for some words or phrases, users just need to highlight the particular words or phrases, then right click. Users will thence see a new Translation option in the shortcut menu. The translated result will automatic be displayed at the sub-menu as shown below:
The translation is shown immediately
If users select a long paragraph for translation, the shortcut sub-menu is unable to display the whole translation within the limited space. However, users can further click on to the translation to bring up a full translation in a new browser tab.
The translation cannot display in full
Clicking on to the translation will prompt users to a full translation in a new browser tab
Since it is facilitated by Google Translate service, gTranslate supports translate from/to all languages available in Google Translate, e.g. English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish and Swedish. Other features of this free Firefox add-on include:
- Option to automatically identify the language of the original text.
- Option to detect the “lang” attribute of the selected text (or the whole page).
- Option to set the destination language to the browser locale.
- Replace texts from input and text area form fields.
- Image title or alt attributes can be translated too.
gTranslate basically offers users a more convenient way to do some translation if it is necessary. It can’t translate a full page automatically like some other translators do. Nevertheless, for quick and fast translation, it does an excellent job.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- How To Download Videos in TikTok – Step-By-Step Guide
- Facebook Messenger Dark Mode – How To Enable Facebook Messenger Dark Mode
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18845 For Skip Ahead Insiders With Update Emoji 12.0
- Mozilla Firefox 66 Announced With Features Support Windows Hello
- How to Enable Google Chrome Dark Mode On Windows PC