After a year, the researcher Erik Tews broke the WEP encryption standard and suggested a switch to WPA which is more secure Wi-Fi Netwok Protection. Recently, he and his partner Martin Back have found the way to partially crack the WPA encryption standard which is Temporary Key Integrity Protocal (TKIP) that used to protect data on many wireless networks. According to them, they able to done it in the duration of 12 to 15 minutes. However, they haven’t figure out how to gain access to the data that transmit between the PC and the router. So the WPA currently is no more secure to use as the standard Wi-Fi protection.
Even through they haven’t found the way to gain access to the data but it is advice to protect your router from WPA hack. One of the way that can protect it from WPA hack is by log in to router, switch off Temporary Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) as an encryption mode and then choose to use Advanced Encryption System (AES) only, or much more hardened WPA2. The other alternative is to shorten the timing of the TKIP in the routers, so that keys are refreshed every two minutes or less. The fast refresh makes it harder but not impossible for hackers to gain access.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- How To Download HBO Shows On iPhone, iPad Through Apple TV App
- Norton 360 Free Download With License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19025 (20H1) for PC Official Available for Insiders in Fast Ring – Here’s What’s News, Fixes, and Enhancement Changelog
- Kaspersky Total Security 2020 Free Download With License Serial Key
- Steganos Privacy Suite 19 Free Download With Genuine License Key