Whenever you save a new file, the Save As window will pop up where you can choose the file type, enter the file name and select the location to save the file. Windows Vista has displayed a list of standard locations such as Desktop, Computer, Picture and etc under Favorite Links to ease your selection to save the file to any one of the standard locations. If you have your own favorite folders and you wish to display them under Favorite Links by default whenever Save As windows pop up, you can add them with simple trick.
1. Open Windows Explorer, then navigate to C:\Users\[user name]\Links where [user name] is your PC user name.
2. Right click on the right panel, then select New -> Shortcut.
3. Click on Browse button to select the path of your favorite folder then click Next.
4. Enter the shortcut name then click Finish to complete the shortcut creation.
Once you have done above steps, try to Save As any document, then click Browse Folder as located at the bottom left of Save As pop up window as shown below.
Your favorite folder which you have added is listed under the favorite link by default. You can now save your file in this folder directly by clicking on the shortcut there. Hopefully this simple trick can save your valuable time to be spent on other more value added tasks.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links