IP routing table in Windows box controls how a data packet is been forwarded and routed when communicating with remote host or destination. Normally, Windows operating system will manage the route rules automatically. However, sometime, the routes may be incorrectly defined, especially in complex networking environment or system with more than one network adapters. In some other cases, accidentally insert a TCP/IP route entry incorrectly also require a deletion of it from the routing table.
To delete a route from Windows routing table, follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Run, and enter Cmd, and then press Enter to open a command prompt window. In Windows Vista or Windows 7, use Start Search instead.
- The syntax for the route command to delete a routing table entry is:
route delete [destination]
route delete 192.168.1.0
- Press enter after entering the command to delete and remove a route.
- After deletion, view the routing table to verify that the correct routing table rule was deleted.
Alternatively, administrator of Windows Server operating system such as Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 can also use Routing and Remote Access management console to remove a route.
- Click Start -> Administrative Tools -> Routing And Remote Access to open the Routing And Remote Access MMC snap-in console.
- Expand the computer node in the console tree. If the routing and remote access function is not enabled for the PC yet, right click and select Configure and Enable Routing and Remote Access to setup the node for LAN routing (under custom configuration).
- Expand IP Routing child.
- Right click on Static Routes and select Show IP Routing Table from the context menu.
- Current static routes will be displayed in the right pane. Locate and select the static route that you want to remove from the IP routing table listing.
- Right-click the specific static route, and then select Delete from the context menu.
- The static route is immediately removed from the routing table.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links