SearchWiki was introduced by Google a couple of weeks ago. This new search feature allows logged-in users to annotate, reorder and comment on search results. Users can customize their searches so that their future search on the same item will show the customized result. The comments added on the search results will also be shown in the future. SearchWiki was created to facilitate users with more useful and dynamic ways of doing searches. However, some bloggers have expressed their dissatisfaction with this Google SearchWiki. The usability is awful; the comments added by users encourage spamming, etc. SearchWiki does not feature any built-in mechanism for users to disable it. If you are amongst the anti-SearchWiki individuals and have decided to disable this feature, there are a few methods you can try to turn off this search feature.
Logout Google Account
The most straightforward way to disable SearchWiki of course is to log out your Google account. Clicking on the familiar “logout” button in the top right corner from your page will turn off SearhWiki. Of course this method will create inconvenience for users.
Another workable way of turning off Google SearchWiki is by adding a small parameter at the end of your iGoogle account. If you have set iGoogle as your default homepage, your typical url address is http://www.google.com/ig?hl=en. You can modify the URL by appending this parameter “&hl=all”. Your new URL will become something like this http://www.google.com/ig?hl=en&hl=all Subsequent searches using this URL will not show the SearchWiki feature anymore.
Install Greasemonkey Extension
Besides the “No SearchWiki Script”, another script users could try is the “Searchwiki on/off” script. This script gives users option to turn on/off the Google SearchWiki as they like. To add in this script, follow the same method as above.
Enable one of Google’s “search experiments”
Another way to get rid of Google SearhWiki is to join Google’s other search experiments (other than “SearchWiki with sound”). Joining any of these experiments will automatically disable SearhWiki. This method is quite simple. However, the downside of doing this is users might be stuck with another search view that might be as bad as or worse than SearchWiki.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- How To Download HBO Shows On iPhone, iPad Through Apple TV App
- Norton 360 Free Download With License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19025 (20H1) for PC Official Available for Insiders in Fast Ring – Here’s What’s News, Fixes, and Enhancement Changelog
- Kaspersky Total Security 2020 Free Download With License Serial Key
- Steganos Privacy Suite 19 Free Download With Genuine License Key