By default, Microsoft has configured Windows 7 to enable and turn on background services when needed. However, some of these background processes are not always in use or required. When they are constantly running, they will consume a large amount of resources and slow down the system’s performance. One of these background processes that many users have highlighted is the wmpnetwk.exe file. The “wmpnetwk.exe” is the key executable for the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service and it is used to share Windows Media Player libraries (Windows 7 is using Windows Media Player Version 12). Windows Media Player may not be your preferred player and you may not want to have wmpnetwk.exe running to free up some memory, reduce RAM usage and CPU resources. In that case, Windows 7 offers you an alternative to disable and turn it off.
To disable and turn off wmpnetwk.exe, users just need to type “services.msc” in the Windows search box to open Windows 7 Services Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in. MMC allows users to manage and configure Windows services that are running on the computer.
Select “Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service”, right click, and click “Stop” to disable it.
Users can go to the Resource Monitor to check and confirm that wmpnetwk.exe is no longer running. Even though users have successfully disabled wmpnetwk.exe and turned off Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service, this process will be restored every time users restart the computer.
To permanently disable this process, users can go to MMC again, select and right click “Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service”, in the shortcut menu, click “Properties”. Look for “Startup type” item, select “Disabled” so that this process will be permanently disabled even when users restart the computer.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements