Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that is intended to prevent an application or service from executing code from a non-executable memory region. Software implementation of DEP in Windows operating system is also called Safe Structured Exception Handling (SafeSEH) by Microsoft. DEP may cause application incompatibility problems, especially when a non-DEP compliant extension is added, as DEP is applied to an entire process.
To fix problem arising from DEP protection when executing a software program, user can turn off and disable DEP globally, turn off or disable DEP entirely for all non-essential Windows programs and services (default for Windows XP and Windows Vista), or DEP can also be turned off or disabled on a per-application basis.
Microsoft Office application suites and programs are subjected to DEP protection too. User who facing problem when using Office applications can use the following trick to turn off and disable DEP for Office applications.
How to Disable DEP for Microsoft Office
To disable DEP for Office programs automatically, download and run the following Microsoft Fix it 50284 wizard: MicrosoftFixit50284.msi
How to Enable DEP for Microsoft Office
To enable DEP for Office programs automatically, download and run the following Microsoft Fix it 50283 wizard: MicrosoftFixit50283.msi
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links