Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that is intended to prevent an application or service from executing code from a non-executable memory region. Software implementation of DEP in Windows operating system is also called Safe Structured Exception Handling (SafeSEH) by Microsoft. DEP may cause application incompatibility problems, especially when a non-DEP compliant extension is added, as DEP is applied to an entire process.
To fix problem arising from DEP protection when executing a software program, user can turn off and disable DEP globally, turn off or disable DEP entirely for all non-essential Windows programs and services (default for Windows XP and Windows Vista), or DEP can also be turned off or disabled on a per-application basis.
Microsoft Office application suites and programs are subjected to DEP protection too. User who facing problem when using Office applications can use the following trick to turn off and disable DEP for Office applications.
How to Disable DEP for Microsoft Office
To disable DEP for Office programs automatically, download and run the following Microsoft Fix it 50284 wizard: MicrosoftFixit50284.msi
How to Enable DEP for Microsoft Office
To enable DEP for Office programs automatically, download and run the following Microsoft Fix it 50283 wizard: MicrosoftFixit50283.msi
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Build 18342.8 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s New, Fixed and Improvement, and Known Issues
- How To Download Videos in TikTok – Step-By-Step Guide
- Facebook Messenger Dark Mode – How To Enable Facebook Messenger Dark Mode
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18845 For Skip Ahead Insiders With Update Emoji 12.0
- Mozilla Firefox 66 Announced With Features Support Windows Hello