In Microsoft Office Excel spreadsheet program, question mark (?) and asterisk (*) have been used as wildcards, which allow user to search for (via Find or Replace) a matching pattern or sequence. Thus, when trying to search or find question mark and/or asterisk only, Excel will find and go into each and every cell that has any value, or return all cells when finding all is pressed.
In order to search for a question mark (?) or asterisk (*) inside the value, formula or comments on the cells of worksheets or workbook, precede the ? or * with a tilde (~). For example,
Microsoft Excel uses the tilde (~) as a marker to indicate that the next character is a literal. By appending a “~” to the front of “?” or “*”, Find and Replace function will treat ? and * as character, instead of wildcard, allowing the special characters to be found specifically inside the cell.
As title (~) is also a special character which serves as literal indicator, thus in order to find or replace title (~) in the sheet, use double title instead, as shown in example below:
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- How To Download HBO Shows On iPhone, iPad Through Apple TV App
- Norton 360 Free Download With License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19025 (20H1) for PC Official Available for Insiders in Fast Ring – Here’s What’s News, Fixes, and Enhancement Changelog
- Kaspersky Total Security 2020 Free Download With License Serial Key
- Steganos Privacy Suite 19 Free Download With Genuine License Key