In Microsoft Office Excel spreadsheet program, question mark (?) and asterisk (*) have been used as wildcards, which allow user to search for (via Find or Replace) a matching pattern or sequence. Thus, when trying to search or find question mark and/or asterisk only, Excel will find and go into each and every cell that has any value, or return all cells when finding all is pressed.
In order to search for a question mark (?) or asterisk (*) inside the value, formula or comments on the cells of worksheets or workbook, precede the ? or * with a tilde (~). For example,
Microsoft Excel uses the tilde (~) as a marker to indicate that the next character is a literal. By appending a “~” to the front of “?” or “*”, Find and Replace function will treat ? and * as character, instead of wildcard, allowing the special characters to be found specifically inside the cell.
As title (~) is also a special character which serves as literal indicator, thus in order to find or replace title (~) in the sheet, use double title instead, as shown in example below:
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Build 18351 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- DriverMax Free Download With 1-year Genuine License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Build 18342.8 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s New, Fixed and Improvement, and Known Issues
- How To Download Videos in TikTok – Step-By-Step Guide
- Facebook Messenger Dark Mode – How To Enable Facebook Messenger Dark Mode