Many Windows Vista users probably have this problem quite frequently. Sometimes if they open a folder which contains video-format files such as MPEG or AVI files, it’s annoying to encounter an error message prompted out as follows: “COM Surrogate has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.” The message won’t go away even when users have closed the program. The error message will keep prompting out unless and until users close the relevant folder.
It is quite irritating and frustrating especially if you are rushing to finish something. The reason why this error message pops out is mainly because users probably have installed some media player applications such as Nero, DivX, KMPlayer, etc whereby the common files in these applications are not compatible with Windows Vista. To fix the problem of the COM Surrogate stop working in Vista, the easier and possible solution is to uninstall these incompatible programs or update them to the very latest version. Alternately, you also could try out the following solution:
- Press elevated command prompt with administrator privileges.
- Type in regsvr32 %windir%/System32/vbscript.dll and press Enter.
- The system will pop out a dialog message showing “DLL Register Server in C:\Windows\System32/vbscript.dll has been successful”.
- Then go to Organize Menu, choose Folder and Search Option, then go to View tab. Check the Always show icons, never thumbnails item.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Steganos Privacy Suite Free Download With Genuine License Series Key Code
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18262 Released To Insiders in the Fast Ring and Skip Ahead
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18267 – What’s New, Improved, Fixed, and Known issues
- O&O DiskImage Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Avira Prime Free 3-Months All-in-One Premium Services – Avira Antivirus Pro, Avira Phantom VPN Pro, Avira Identity Scanner Pro, Avira System Speedup Pro, Avira Software Updater Pro, Password Manager Pro