Process identifier, or more commonly know as PID or process ID, is a unique number tagged with each processes running on a system, and used by some operating system kernels, such as UNIX, Linux, Mac OS X and Windows) to identify a process.
In Unix-like and Linux operating system, ps command can be used to search for the PID for a particular running process, by grepping the output. In Windows operating system such as Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7, there is no such utility or command available though.
In order to get to know, or view, retrieve and identify the process ID or PID of the processes running in Windows operating system, users or administrators can make use of Task Manager. However, Task Manager does not display PID information by default. To display the PID value in Task Manager, go to Processes tab, click on View menu, then click on Select Columns…. In the “Select Columns” or “Select Process Page Columns” dialog, tick and check the checkbox for PID (Process Identifier), and click OK.
To run Task Manager, use Taskmgr command or right click on Taskbar, and select “Task Manager”.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Steganos Privacy Suite Free Download With Genuine License Series Key Code
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18262 Released To Insiders in the Fast Ring and Skip Ahead
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18267 – What’s New, Improved, Fixed, and Known issues
- O&O DiskImage Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Avira Prime Free 3-Months All-in-One Premium Services – Avira Antivirus Pro, Avira Phantom VPN Pro, Avira Identity Scanner Pro, Avira System Speedup Pro, Avira Software Updater Pro, Password Manager Pro