Some Firefox users might be of the opinion that the default page scrolling speed in the Firefox browser is slightly slow and maintained at a standard speed rate regardless of how many times you roll your mouse wheel. Some users particularly who are impatient will easily get frustrated when they are browsing or reading up long pages of content. If the page scrolling speed in the browser can be increased or accelerated, it will be much welcomed for many users.
In fact in the new Firefox 3.6 browser, the developer had actually added an important feature namely Scroll Acceleration in the browser to assist users who might have wanted to speed up their page scrolling rate. However, this feature was thence decided to be turned off by the developer and postponed to the newer version release as it could conflict with some mouse drivers and encounter problems such as double acceleration.
Despite the concerns of the developer, if users would still like to try the acceleration feature and enable it to increase the page scrolling speed in Firefox, users can activate and turn it on easily. To enable this secret and hidden feature to enhance the browsing experience, users just need to do some simple setting following the steps below:
- Type in about:config in the address box.
- Search for mousewheel.acceleration.start via the filter box.
- Users can thence set their preferred number of successive mouse scrolls to accelerate the page scrolling speed
- Once it is done, go to mousewheel.acceleration.factor to change value and set to how many times faster users want to scroll.
Via the above adjustments, users will be able to change the page scrolling speed. Users can change and try various values in order to satisfy their own most preferred speed setting.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements