Launching Firefox during first time after PC startup typically takes longer time, which could be around 20 seconds to just load and display the browser. If compare with IE or Google Chrome which only takes few seconds to load the browser, obviously Firefox web browser is lacking its advantages. You may feel frustrated to just wait for such a long period of time for launching the browser. Not to worry, if you are Firefox lover, now with this simple trick, you can improve Firefox loading time to less than 10 seconds.
To improve the loading time, follow below steps as shown below:
1. Right click on Firefox shortcut, then choose Properties.
2. On Target field, it displays Firefox executable full path. Add /prefetch:1 at the end of the path with space in between. After adding the switch, the target field should looks like this: “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” /prefetch:1
3. Click OK to save the setting.
If you would like to test out and confirm if it really works after completing above steps, you can hibernate/re-start your computer, then launch Firefox browser and count the time it takes to display the browser. You will notice that the time taken to load and display Firefox browser during first time launching after the PC startup is improved significantly. Hope this simple trick will help you to work more effective without doing nothing just to wait for it to load the browser.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links