Whenever user uses “Remote Desktop Connection (RDC)” or Terminal Services client (TSC or mstsc) to remote desktop to a Windows Server family operating system such as Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008, a new session is started and user will log on to a new desktop. The behavior is unlike Windows XP and Windows Vista Terminal Services which always allows remote desktop to access to console session (the same desktop in which user will see when standing in front of the monitor).
For user who need to connect and access console session with Remote Desktop can use a switch when running Remote Desktop Connection Terminal Services client (mstsc) in order to force Remote Desktop to connect to console session of remote server.
To connect to console session of Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008, run the RDC or TSC with the following switch: /console. For example, for all remote desktop client except the one in Windows Vista:
For Windows Vista remote desktop client, use /admin switch instead:
By logging in to console session of remote computer, all existing applications that are running and not yet closed when user is physically using the computer will be automatically appeared, instead of having users re-open all of them.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Steganos Privacy Suite Free Download With Genuine License Series Key Code
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18262 Released To Insiders in the Fast Ring and Skip Ahead
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18267 – What’s New, Improved, Fixed, and Known issues
- O&O DiskImage Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Avira Prime Free 3-Months All-in-One Premium Services – Avira Antivirus Pro, Avira Phantom VPN Pro, Avira Identity Scanner Pro, Avira System Speedup Pro, Avira Software Updater Pro, Password Manager Pro