In Firefox 3, by default, when user click on an email address or a URL link location that starts with mailto: protocol, the default email client, such as Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express or Windows Mail will be opened to allow user to compose and send email to the specific recipient’s mail address.
If you prefer to use web based Yahoo! Mail as your default email client, and want to let Yahoo! Mail handles all mailto: protocol, so that the automatic e-mail message composing and email sending will be done via Yahoo! webmail interface, Firefox 3 provides a very easy to associate the mailto: link with Yahoo! mail web-based interface, in fact, it’s a built-in integration.
- Go to Tools -> Options.
- Click on Applications tab icon.
- Locate and click to highlight mailto Content Type, and at the corresponding drop down box of Action, select Use Yahoo! Mail.
- Click OK.
After change, whenever a mailto: link is clicked, the email address will be sent to Yahoo! Mail account Compose web interface, with recipient automatically set at the clicked e-mail address. Of course, user have to enter user name and password credentials first if he or she hasn’t already logged in.
Note: It’s also possible to set Gmail as the default mailto: handler at Firefox 3.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Build 18351 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- DriverMax Free Download With 1-year Genuine License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Build 18342.8 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s New, Fixed and Improvement, and Known Issues
- How To Download Videos in TikTok – Step-By-Step Guide
- Facebook Messenger Dark Mode – How To Enable Facebook Messenger Dark Mode