Firefox automatically checks for any updates available for the Firefox web browser itself, installed add-ons (including both extensions and plugins), and search engines. When a new or updated version is detected, by default Firefox will automatically download and install the upgrades or updates, and then requesting users to restart Firefox for the update to take effect.
Not many people prefers to be suddenly prompted with Firefox restart request, where the web browser has to closed and existed, and starts again. Besides, checking for updates on Firefox startup potentially slow down the web browser launch speed.
To change the default behavior of checking for updates in Firefox, follow these steps:
- In Firefox, click on Tools menu, then go to Options.
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Go to Update sub-tab.
- Unselect or untick the check box(es) for components which user does not want Firefox to automatically check for updates, namely:
Alternatively, for user who wants Firefox to check for updates, but wants to be informed before deciding on what is next course of action to take, select radio button of Ask me what I want to do.
- Click OK.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18312 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes
- $1200+ Free Windows Software – SlideMaker Slideshow Video Editor, Video Movie Maker, Movie Maker & Video Editor, GIF Maker, Movie Maker & Video Editor & More
- Tipard iPhone Eraser Genuine License Key Code Giveaway and Free Download
- Any Data Recovery Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Bitdefender Total Security 2019 Free Download With Genuine License Series Key Code