Trend Micro Internet Security Pro, Internet Security 2008, Internet Security 2007, Internet Security 2006 and Internet Security 2005 has included necessary uninstall option via Control Panel Add and Remove Programs (Uninstall Programs and Features in Windows Vista), and also via Start Menu Trend Micro folder’s Uninstall PC-cillin Internet Security command.
However, sometime, these default methods of uninstalling Trend Micro Internet Security application software may not work properly and thus user cannot or unable to remove and uninstall the Trend Micro products. In this situation, Trend Micro provides a manual uninstallation utility that able to remove its product manually from the system hard disk.
Manually Uninstall Trend Micro Internet Security Pro and Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 with TISSuprt.exe
- Close the main console for Trend Micro Internet Security if it’s opened.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\
Note that change the drive letter if Trend Micro is installed at another partition accordingly.
- Double-click to run the TISSuprt.exe file, which has a red and white lifesaver icon.
- The Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit window will appear. Click on the Uninstall tab.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on the UnInstall button again when asked if you want to continue with the uninstallation.
Note: If a message appears asking you to delete quarantined files, click Yes to proceed with the uninstallation.
- A message appears when the uninstallation is complete. Click Yes to restart your computer.
Uninstalling Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2005, 2006 or 2007 with PCCTool.exe
In older version of Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security, TISSuprt.exe is called PCCTool support utility. However, the procedures to uninstall is pretty much the same.
- Close the PC-cillin Internet Security main console if it is opened.
- Run Windows Explorer, and browse to the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 200x
Each versions of Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security product has its own unique folder which corresponding with its version, so just replace the “200x” with 2005, 2006, or 2007. Beside, change the drive letter if Trend Micro is installed at another partition accordingly.
- Double-click the PCCTool.exe file with a capsule and a life saver icon.
- A Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security support tool window will be opened. Click the [E] Uninstall tab.
- Under Install and Uninstall, click 4. Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall when dialog box asked for confirmation.
- After finished uninstallation, click Yes to restart the computer.