Previously we mentioned the way on how to unlock or recover forgotten parental lock password in Dreambox decoder, and if you wonder how you can retrieve forgotten system password, here are some simple steps that you can follow to get it done.
Without the need to access the Dreambox satellite decoder from PC, users will need to install TuxCom plugin to access sub directories on where the Passwd file is located. Assuming that you already have TuxCom plugin installed, follow below steps to access the Passwd file for modification.
- Go to launch TuxCom plugin (from Blue Panel) and browse to /var/etc and locate passwd file.
- Highlight on passwd file, press 4 on remote control to edit it.
- By now, you should see something like below:
- Just edit the first line by removing additional so it becomes:
- Save and Restart the decoder and you are done.
By now, you should be able to login as root (under username field) either via FTP or Telnet without any password required.