Google SSL with URL which starts with https:// is a secure end-to-end search channel provided by Google over SSL (Secure Socket Layer). The service is for people who concerns about the search terms or keywords been intercepted, sniffed or eavesdropped by malicious hackers through plain text transmitted through typical web traffic.
Google SSL can be accessed from https://www.google.com/ (which is temporarily redirects to https://encrypted.google.com/), where users will see a slightly modified Google logo with a lock and SSL wording.
For Google Chrome web browser users who search directly from the address bar (which doubles up as search box), use the following hack to change and make Google SSL secure search as default search engine in Chrome.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click on the Wrench (Tools) icon and then go to Options.
- Go to Basics tab.
- Under the “Search” section, click on the Manage button.
- Click on Add button, and then enter the following information for the new Google SSL search engine:
Name: Google (SSL)
Tip: The name and keyword is customizable, and can be changed according to your own preference.
Note: Google has temporarily redirected all secure search through SSL to http://encrypted.google.com. If the above URL is not working or causing infinite loop, just change the “www” to “encrypted”.
- Click OK when done.
- On the “Search Engine” list, select and highlight Google (SSL), and then click on Make Default button so that the new search engine is used every time Chrome is started.
Tip: If you don’t want to set the Google SSL Search as default search engine, just type its keyword (i.e. googlessl and hit space to search with the Google (SSL) search engine.
- Click Close twice to exit from Chrome Options.
When searching with Google SSL Secure Search, the search terms will be encrypted, and search results will be presented on a SSL-enabled web page.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper Free Download With License Serial Key Giveaway
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)