HP has announced the launch of its new ultra-mobile Voodoo Envy 133 notebook, which developed using the smallest available Intel Centrino technology and elements from an innovative Intel reference design, aiming to combine sleek styling and personalization with a full suite of critical functionality for mobile users.
“We worked with HP to enable the Voodoo Envy 133 to be as small as possible without losing key features such as performance and battery life,” said Mooly Eden, corporate vice president and general manager, Mobile Platforms Group, Intel. “The final outcome is a terrific notebook that showcases the benefits of our Intel Centrino platform, which retains a high level of performance and low-energy consumption even after we shrunk it by more than 50 percent using our expertise in packaging technology.”
Highlights Of HP Voodoo Envy 133:
- 13.3-inch LED WXGA (1,280 x 800) screen
- Integrated wireless 802.11 ABGN + Bluetooth
- Voodoo Aura PowerConnect – establishes a one-to-one wireless connection between the Envy 133 notebook and an Ethernet connector located on the power supply, allowing users to roam free from the wired connection.
- Voodoo IOS – Boot up in seconds. Unique to the Voodoo Envy 133, this feature gives road warriors instant access to Skype and Internet browser.
- Multiple Gesture Touchpad – more than a standard touchpad, the Envy 133 also provides capabilities such as a circular gesture called chiral scroll and pinch options.
- Proximity Sensor – This system recognizes when fingers are on the keyboard and turns off the touchpad to avoid any accidental movement of the cursor.
- Durability – the carbon fibre casing and fused composite glass covering the display provide surprising strength and durability.
- External Optical Disk Drive – an ID-coordinated external eSATA optical drive is included with every unit.
- Professional Backlit Keyboard – reminiscent of old-school tactile desktop keyboards with just enough “click” to get even the most die-hard tech enthusiast smiling.
- Ports – extensive usability via a variety of I/O ports, including headphone/microphone, HDMI, USB 2.0 (1x) and a shared e-SATA/USB (1x).
- Ambient Sensors – The Envy 133 includes an ambient sensor that adjusts the display brightness according to its surrounding environment.
- Dolby Sound Room – The Envy 133 offers a stunning personal surround sound listening experience with a suite of technologies designed to provide an enveloping entertainment experience from any pair of speakers or any set of headphones—ideal for environments where using surround sound speakers is not practical.
The new HP Voodoo Envy 133 laptop which measures just 0.70-inches thin and weighing less than 3.4 pounds will start shipping this summer for a starting price of $2,099.