HP has announced the launch of its newest Mini PC for on-the-go professionals, named as HP Mini 5101, which combines large 10.1-inch diagonal LED display, new spill-resistant keyboard and Intel Atom processor in an anodized aluminum display enclosure with stylish black, brushed finish.
Impressive features of HP Mini 5101:
- Sturdy, lightweight anodized aluminum display enclosure with a black, brushed finish aimed for eye-catching design and improving durability
- Newly designed, spill-resistant keyboard that is 95% of full-size QWERTY keyboard, plus HP DuraKeys
- Large 10.1-inch diagonal LED display with WSVGA (1024 x 600) or HD (1366 x 768) resolution
- 4-cell battery for lighter weight, or optional 6-cell battery for longer battery life (up to 8 hours)
- Low-power Intel Atom N280 processor (1.66GHz, 512 KB L2 cache, 533 MHz FSB)
- Up to 2GB RAM, and up to 320GB 7,200 rpm HDD or optional Solid State Drive (80 or 128 GB)
- Optional, integrated Gobi-powered HP Mobile Broadband module allowing users to conveniently access the Internet
- Built-in Wi-Fi Certified WLAN, 2 megapixel webcam and stereo microphones
- HP 3D DriveGuard offers a 3-axis digital accelerometer chip for shutting down hard drive once detect sudden movement or shock
- HP Panel Protection System includes a scratch-resistant acrylic LCD cover and magnesium hinge bracket
- ENERGY STAR qualified
- Dimensions: 0.91 x 10.3 x 7.09 inches ; weight: starting at 2.64 lbs
“HP Mini PCs have no equal when it comes to industrial design, use of innovative materials and overall feature sets,” said Ted Clark, senior vice president and general manager, Notebook Global Business Unit, Personal Systems Group, HP. “The HP Mini 5101 is truly a work of art, a sophisticated companion PC crafted for the trend-savvy mobile professional who needs functionally, durability and style.”
The HP Mini 5101 netbook that includes a suite of wireless, multimedia and security capabilities is expected to hit the market by late July 2009 for a starting price of $449.