In addition to HP Touchpad and HP Veer, the IT giant also announced its new sleek business-oriented smartphone, named as HP Pre 3, which comes equipped with a vibrant 3.58″ touchscreen, 5MP camera, all-new vertical QWERTY keyboard, HP Synergy, robust messaging support (combination of IM, SMS and MMS capabilities), Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite and more advanced business essentials to provide users a professional mobile productivity, offered in 2 variants of internal memory storage – 8GB and 16 GB.
Features of HP Pre 3 smartphone:
- Speedy 1.4 GHz Qualcomm MSM 8×55 processor
- Large, vivid 3.58-inch multi-touch screen with 480 x 800 pixels resolution
- 5-megapixel AF camera with LED flash and 720p HD movie capture plus front-facing VGA camera
- Run on webOS 2.2 operating system
- Business-class email, data encryption and password protection complemented with industry-standard VPN support
- Built-in GPS for location-based services such as Yelp, Foursquare and Google Maps
- Redesigned new vertical slide-out QWERTY backlit keyboard
- Gesture area enables simple gestures for navigation
- Access to rich, Flash-based web content thanks to Flash Player 10.1 beta support
- Touch-to-share function for easy sharing Web addresses between webOS devices by simply tapping your Pre 3 to the new HP TouchPad
“In the suite of webOS products we’re introducing today, Pre3 is our premier phone, designed for the speed of business,” commented Jon Rubinstein, senior vice president and general manager for Palm Global Business Unit at HP. “It enables professionals to accomplish more of their important workday tasks while easily keeping their fingers on the pulse of their personal lives.”
HP Pre 3 smartphone which measures 4.37 x 2.52 x 0.63 inches and weighs 5.5 ounces is slated to hit the market this summer but its exact launch date and price info are yet to be known.