AT&T has officially announced the upcoming launch of the new HTC Inspire 4G, which the company claims as its first 4G smartphone that combines Android 2.2 Froyo OS with AT&T Mobile Hotspot service, encased in a sleek, unibody metal alloy casing.
Key features and specifications of HTC Inspire 4G:
- Large, brilliant 4.3-inch WVGA (480×800 pixels) LCD touchscreen
- 8-megapixel AF camera with dual LED flash, geo-tagging, face detection and 720p HD video capture
- 1GHz Snapdragon processor, 4GB on-board memory and Dolby Mobile + SRS WOW HD surround sound
- 3.5mm audio jack, digital compass, G-sensor,, proximity sensor and ambient light sensor
- Next-generation HTC Sense with cloud services
- Built-in A-GPS, Bluetooth 2.1 and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n connectivity
- Talk time: up to 6 hours ; Standby time: up to 15.5 days
“With a 4.3 inch screen, latest version of the HTC Sense experience and a sleek unibody aluminum design, the HTC Inspire 4G is the first true superphone to launch at under $100, bringing unparalleled power to more people than ever before,” commented Jason Mackenzie, president for HTC Americas.
HTC Inspire 4G Android smartphone which measures 4.84 x 2.68 x 0.46 inches and weights just 5.78 ounces is slated to hit AT&T stores on February 13 for $99.99 on a 2-year service contract.