HTC Corporation has officially announced its new flagship, pocket-sized HTC Sensation 4G Android 2.3 Gingerbread-powered handset, which the mobile innovator claims as the world’s first smartphone to combine all-new HTC Watch video service with the newest HTC Sense experience, and also the first phone to sport contoured glass along the entire rounded edges of the 4.3″ screen, incorporating a 8MP camera with new instant capture feature that able to instantly capture a quick photo – with no worry on missing a precious or important moment.
According to HTC, the all-new HTC Sense offers a customizable active lock-screen experience that able to convert the lock-screen into a real-time window to the most important information and content, like social updates, weather, photos or stock updates that are viewed by simply switching on the display.
Key features and specs of HTC Sensation :
- Powerful 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8260 dual-core processor
- 768MB of RAM, 1GB of ROM plus 4GB on-board memory
- Large, vivid 4.3-inch qHD (540 x 960 pixels resolution) multi-touch widescreen display covered by gorilla glass
- 8-megapixel AF camera dual LED flash and 1080p full HD movie capture with stereo sound at 30fps, plus VGA front-facing camera
- DLNA, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi b/g/n connectivity
- HTC Watch brings a a library of premium movies and TV shows straight to your fingerptips while on the go
- Immersive, cinematic weather experience thanks to stunning imagery and audible weather effects
- New Video Trimmer tool to easily, quickly crop your video clips right on the phone
- 1520 mAh lithium-ion battery supports up to 495 minutes of talk time
“Consumers have quickly transformed smartphones into consumer lifestyle hubs that are pocket-sized entertainment centers that enable people to take their favorite multimedia content with them wherever they go. The new HTC Watch service makes it fun and easy for people to access premium movies and TV shows while on the go,” commented Peter Chou, CEO for HTC Corporation. “The HTC Sensation 4G combines this great multimedia experience within the latest HTC Sense experience in a premium device that delivers a powerful and unprecedented smartphone to our customers.”
Furthermore, HTC Watch video app and service utilizes industry-leading progressive download technology that allows users to watch videos with no waiting for the entire video downloading process is completed, offered in the options of renting or purchasing videos.
Note: The purchased videos can be shared with 5 different HTC devices.
HTC Sensation 4G which measures 126.1 x 65.4 x 11.3 mm and weights in at 148 grams is slated to hit T-Mobile USA stores this summer, while HTC Sensation will be available across European market via Vodafone beginning mid-May 2011, but no words on its pricing details yet.
Watch the intro video of HTC Sensation: