HTC Corporation has introduced a new category of easy-to-use, affordable smartphones for the masses, named as HTC Smart, which features HTC Sense user interface (Make It Mine, Stay Close and Discover the Unexpected) to enable personal customization of each person’s own phone experience, running on Qualcomm Brew MP platform.
“HTC has always focused on listening to customers and setting the stage for new mobile categories, and HTC Smart is the response to customer demand around the world for an easier-to-use, affordable smartphone,” commented Peter Chou, CEO of HTC Corporation. “Just adding a touch interface doesn’t mean a phone is a smartphone. The integration of HTC Sense brings an unparalleled smartphone experience for people looking to do more on their phone.”
Features and specifications of HTC Smart:
- 300 MHz processor, 256 MB of RAM and 256 MB of ROM
- 2.8-inch TFT-LCD touchscreen display with QVGA resolution
- 3 megapixel camera with fixed focus and flash light
- HTC ExtUSB (11-pin mini-USB 2.0) and 3.5mm stereo audio jack
- Bluetooth 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP
- Popular mobile operating system – Qualcomm’s Brew MP
- microSD memory expansion slot
- Talk time: Up to 450 minutes ; Standby time: Up to 450 hours
- Dimensions: 104 x 55 x 12.8 mm ; Weight: 108 grams (with battery)
“HTC Smart breaks new ground in delivering the powerful, in-demand smartphone features that consumers want on a more accessible device for global markets,” said Paul Jacobs, CEO of Qualcomm Incorporated. “We are pleased to be supporting HTC as they utilize the capabilities of Qualcomm’s Brew Mobile Platform open operating system to offer high-end capabilities and a compelling mobile user experience at mass-market price points.”
The new stylish, compact HTC Smart is expected to be available across Europe and Asia in spring 2010.