Samsung Electronics and Texas Instruments have announced the new innovative Samsung Projector Phone (Model: I7410 for European ; W7900 for Korean), which the companies claim as the first mobile phone with embedded projection in a contemporary form factor, utilizing DLP Pico Chipset from Texas Instruments.
“Working together, Samsung and Texas Instruments, DLP products have made headway in a currently untapped market,” said Wonsik Lee, Vice President of R&D Planning Team at Samsung Electronics. “This is an exciting time for the mobile phone industry as we transform the limitations of the mobile phone viewing experience to compelling image sizes that really adds significant value to both business and consumer users.”
According to the release, the full-featured Samsung Projector smartphone can project content with flexible image sizes up to 50-inches, depending on ambient light conditions.
Impressive Features Of Samsung projector phone (I7410):
- Multiple applications that can be enhanced by the projection feature, including Sharing Powerpoint Slides, Viewing Email Attachments, Viewing pictures, Watching videos, and even using the projection feature as a Flashlight
- DLP Pico chipset technology
- 5 megapixel camera
- High-resolution color OLED touchscreen
- Intuitive flick navigation to view presentations and photo slideshows
- Ultra-contemporary sleek and lightweight design
- Integrated audio speakers
“With the production of the DLP Pico chipset first announced a year ago, Samsung and DLP are proud to launch the first implementation of the DLP Pico Chipset technology in mobile phones,” said Frank J. Moizio, Manager, DLP Emerging Markets business. “These Samsung phones instantly turn any situation into a media viewing opportunity. While tiny by nature and easily able to fit into a mobile device, the DLP Pico chipset produces stellar image quality and gives the freedom to project content onto practically any surface.”
The new compact and lightweight Samsung projector smartphone is expected to hit Korean market (W7900) later this month and soon to be available in European market (I7410) as well.