Windows XP Home Edition does not come with a Group Policy Editor (GPEdit.msc) which allows user to view, modify, change or customize various advanced system settings and policies. As a result, Windows XP Home Edition users are left wasting time trying to figure out how to open Group Policy Editor, or have to manually edit the corresponding registry keys based on group policy to registry entries reference to make the change.
There is hack available to install GPedit.msc snap-in for MMC (Microsoft Management Console) in Windows XP Home Edition. Just follow steps below to install the Local Group Policy Editor. After the hack, Local Group Policy Editor can be ran and used just like the GPEdit.msc in Windows XP Professional Edition.
- Download the system files required for installing GPEdit.msc on Windows XP Home Edition: GPEdit-for-XP-Home.zip (for English version only).
- Run the InstallGPEdit.bat batch command script file to automatically install the Local Group Policy Editor MMC snap-in on Windows XP Home Edition.
Tip: The batch script also support uninstallation of Group Policy Editor by using to “-ur” or “/ur” switch.
The batch file contains commands that automates the following process, which can also be done manually.
- Copy the following files to %WinDir%\System32\ folder (typically C:\Windows\System32):
- Create the following folders (if not exist):
- Copy the following files into %WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicy\ADM directory:
- Open a Command Prompt window (CMD), and execute the following commands one by on, after changing directory to %Windir%\System32\ folder:
After the hack, start Local Group Policy Editor by going to Start -> Run, and enter gpedit.msc.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links