Kodak has announced the launch of its new Z-Series digital camera – KODAK EASYSHARE Z950, which combines 12 megapixel sensor, image stabilized SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON 10x optical zoom (35–350 mm) lens and Smart Capture technology into a single device, capturing challenging action shots without delay thanks to the less than 0.3 second click-to-capture speed.
Features of KODAK EASYSHARE Z950:
- Big, bright 3-inch color LCD display (230K dots)
- 10X SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON optical zoom lens with optical image stabilization
- Kodak’s innovative Smart Capture technology automatically identifies the scene and adjusts focus, flash and exposure for beautiful pictures in virtually any environment
- Captures HD pictures in 16:9 format and HD video at 30 fps
- Fast click-to-capture speed (< 0.3 sec.)
- Includes Program auto, aperture priority, shutter priority as well as manual modes
“The combination of these features plus a 12 MP sensor makes the Z950 a compact digital capture powerhouse, with outstanding image quality and ease of use at an affordable price,” said John Blake, General Manager Digital Capture and Devices, Vice President, Eastman Kodak Company.
The new KODAK EASYSHARE Z950 digital camera which measures 110 × 66.8 × 35.5 mm and weights 223 g is expected to hit the market beginning August 2009 for around $280.