The Japanese multinational corporation that specializes in imaging and optical products, Canon has introduced its latest entry-level D-SLR camera – Canon EOS 1000D (known as EOS Rebel XS in US), which will replace the current EOS Digital Rebel XT model, aiming to deliver ultimate image quality.
“The EOS 1000D is a small camera with a big idea: the supreme adaptability and image quality of the EOS system, in an accessible, affordable package,” said Mogens Jensen, Head of Canon Consumer Imaging Europe. “For anyone ready to take the next step in creative photography, it offers the perfect entry point to the world of D-SLR.”
Key Features Of Canon EOS 1000D (EOS Rebel XS):
- 10.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- 2.5-inch LCD with Live View shooting
- DIGIC III image processor with 12-bit processing
- 7-point wide-area AF system with f/5.6 cross-type centre point
- EOS Integrated Cleaning System
- Up to 3 frames per second
- Compatible with SD and SDHC memory cards
- Compact and lightweight body
- Digital Photo Professional RAW processing software
- Fully compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S lenses and EX-series Speedlites
In addition to Canon EOS 1000D, the company also announced the second generation of its Speedlite 430EX external flash unit – Speedlite 430EX II.