The world’s largest photographic and imaging company, FUJIFILM has announced a latest addition to its award-winning F-Series lineup, named as FUJIFILM FinePix F60fd. It’s the versatile, compact digital camera combining intuitive use with the most advanced features and technology, incorporating 12-megapixel 1/1.6″ Super CCD HR, 3x optical zoom and extra large 3-inch LCD display.
According to the release, the new FinePix F60fd will feature FUJIFILM’s new SR AUTO (Scene Recognition) mode that automatically identifies subjects, scenes and faces and adjusts exposure, focus, white balance and ISO accordingly, aiming to ensure clarity and sharpness, regardless of background.
Impressive Highlights Of Fujifilm FinePix F60fd:
- Face Detection 3.0 with Automatic Red Eye Removal – Fujifilm’s proprietary Face Detection 3.0 detects up to 10 human faces in a scene in as little as 0.036 seconds, fast enough to detect a subject in motion, and automatically corrects focus and exposure. The FinePix F60fd is able to identify faces at more extreme camera angles than before, and can register faces with up to 90º movement in either direction for profiles, and up to 360º, yielding perfect portraits even if the subject is tilted or upside down. After a shot is captured, each detected face is instantly checked for red eye; if it is found, it is corrected automatically, saving the time-consuming process of fixing it later.
- Dual Image Stabilization – Fujifilm’s Dual Image Stabilization mode combines a mechanically stabilized CCD sensor with high ISO sensitivities for total anti-blur protection.
- High Speed Continuous Shooting – With the ability to capture 5 frames per second for up to 12 continuous frames (3MP), the FinePix F60fd is fast enough to keep up with the action so you always get the shot you want.
- 13 Pre-programmed Scene Modes – The FinePix F60fd features 13 pre-programmed scene modes that offer a one-touch setting for almost any situation, including: Portrait Enhancer, Sport and Sunset to name a few.
- Great Low Light Shooting – The FinePix F60fd can utilize ISO settings of up to 1600 at full resolution, 3200 at 6MP and 6400 at 3MP to capturing stunning images even in low light. And with Fujifilm’s proprietary RP Processor II with Dual Noise Reduction, even low light images are sharp, clear and in true natural color.
- Li-ion Rechargeable Battery – The long-life rechargeable Li-ion battery offers extended shot life so you can keep up with the action without worry.
- xD / SD / SDHC Compatible slot – The FinePix F60fd offers single-slot compatibility to accept not only Fujifilm’s traditional xD-Picture Cards but also Secure Digital (SD) and SD-High Capacity/SDHC memory cards too.
“The FinePix F60fd integrates all of Fujifilm’s technological innovations into SR AUTO (Scene Recognition) mode making it even easier to capture the moment in true to life color and detail,” said David Troy, marketing manager, Consumer Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM U.S.A., Inc. “By combining powerful photographic features such as high ISO Dual Image Stabilization, and Face Detection 3.0, the FinePix F60fd is the perfect all-in-one camera for photographers of all levels.”
The new Fujifilm’s FinePix F60fd compact digital camera will ship in coming September 2008 for about $300.