The well-known Japanese company specializing in optics and imaging, Olympus has announced the launch of its new one tough camera with waterproof (33FT), freezeproof (-10c/14f), crushproof, dustproof and shockproof design, named as Stylus 1030SW, which can withstand a drop from 6.6 feet and withstand up to 220 pounds of pressure, aiming to shoot better images in nearly any conditions.
Key Features Of New Olympus Stylus 1030SW:
- 10.1 million pixels deliver images with amazing definition on screen and when printed.
- TruePic III Image Processor delivers superior images with true-to-life color, sharper detail, and less noise.
- 3.6x wide-angle lens provides a wider field of view so you don’t miss anything or anyone in your shot. Great for shooting landscapes, underwater scenery, group portraits and amazing panoramic pictures.
- HyperCrystal II LCD offers more accurate, precise image display, as well as an extra-wide viewing angle and visibility in direct sunlight.
- Face Detection tracks your subjects’ faces within the frame and automatically focuses and optimizes exposure for sharp, brilliant portrait pictures.
- Digital Image Stabilization helps prevent fast moving subjects from blurring your images. Get sharper images with high ISO and fast shutter speeds.
- Perfect Fix to correct shooting mistakes. With the touch of a button, lighten up shadows and remove red-eye so a less-than-perfect shot can still turn out perfect!
- The built-in, on-screen manometer can measure air and water pressure to calculate the altitude and depth of your photos.
In addition, Olympus also announced the release of the Stylus 850 SW with the almost same features, but carry an 8-megapixel sensor and shockproof only up to 5 feet.
The latest Olympus Stylus 1030 SW waterproof camera will ship in coming March for about $400, while the Stylus 850 SW will be available by this month for about $300.