The well-known consumer electronics giant, Samsung has introduced the upgraded model to the popular SC-MX10 compact digital camcorder – Samsung SC-MX20, which features a customized recording mode optimized for YouTube or multi-media devices, aiming to enhance your digital lifestyle.
“The SC-MX20 is a camcorder that offers a host of advanced features at an impressive price point,” said Tony Sorice, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Digital Imaging at Samsung Electronics America. “Sharing many of the same advanced features as our higher-end digital camcorders, including the head-turning design of the SC-HMX20C, the SC-MX20 is sure to stand out from the crowd of ‘me-too’ camcorders.”
Features Of Samsung SC-MX20:
- High-performance 680K pixel CCD sensor delivering a resolution of 720×480
- Powerful Schneider lens with 34x optical zoom and advanced noise reduction (3-D Noise Reduction) technology to provide superb video quality
- large 2.7-inch LCD display
- Samsung’s improved Advanced Image Stabilization aiming for blur-free memories
- Face Detection (up to 5 faces)
- H.264 compression for longer record times and enhanced video quality
- Memory card slot for SD/SDHC (up to 32GB) and MMC
- Web & Mobile shooting mode, which can automatically adjust resolution to 640×480 (H.264 / AAC / MP4) and optimized for use on Web sites
According to Samsung, “Thanks to H.264 compression, when in full resolution and when set to fine mode, users can record up to four hours of footage using an 8GB memory card, eight hours using a 16GB memory card, and up to 16 hours using a 32GB memory card. Furthermore, the SC-MX20 features the longest battery life in its class, lasting up to three hours.”
The newest Samsung SC-MX20 camcorder that available in four colors including black, red, white, and blue (all with silver trim) will ship in coming August 2008 for about $280.