Lenovo has announced the launch of its new innovative 10″ mobile HD device with web-optimized interface, named as Lenovo Skylight, which the company claims as the first ARM-based smartbook based on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon chipset platform, blending the best of smartphone and netbook to transform mobile Internet experience.
According to the company, Lenovo Skylight is a comfortable balance between portability and full Internet and media access, allowing users to enjoy the web and rich media everywhere they go.
“The web has become the window to the world for more and more people, helping them connect with friends and family across town or thousands of miles away,” said Peter Gaucher, executive director for Mobile Internet Product Management at Lenovo. “Skylight combines the long battery life and connectivity of a smartphone with the full web browsing and multimedia experience of a netbook to create one of the first devices in this developing smartbook category. Consumers want choices. They can now choose from a full portfolio of Lenovo mobile consumer devices including netbooks, smartbooks and laptops.”
Highlights of Lenovo Skylight:
- Qualcomm 1GHz Snapdragon chipset platform
- Thinner than many smartphones and weights less than 2 lbs
- Eye-catching compact, sleek and slim design with 10-inch HD inch screen
- Unique custom web interface made of live web gadgets
- Visit Gmail, Facebook, YouTube as well as browse the web without having to continually log in and remember passwords
- Over 18 preloaded web gadgets including Amazon MP3 and Roxio CinemaNow
- Full size keyboard for fast, easy typing experience
- Full Internet browser to surf the web without limits
- More than 10 hours of active battery life
- 20GB of standard flash and 2GB of cloud storage
- Built-in Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity give users a web connection nearly everywhere
- Available in two vibrant colors – glossy lotus blue and earth red
“Now more than ever, consumers are looking for devices that will keep them connected virtually anytime and anywhere,” said David Haight, vice president for business development at AT&T Mobility. “The Lenovo Skylight is slim and attractive with extraordinary battery life, and when paired with the nation’s fastest 3G network and AT&T Wi-Fi service, it gives consumers a great web and media experience on the go.”
The new sleek, slim Lenovo Skylight ARM-based smartbook that connects with AT&T 3G mobile broadband service is expected to hit US market through www.lenovo.com, www.att.com and AT&T retail store by April 2010 for a starting price of $499.